Breadcrumbs are navigational aids that help visitors understand where they are on your website. Breadcrumbs show the hierarchy of your web pages; visitors can use them to navigate back to a previous page or discover more relevant content.
Firstly you need to have installed & activated the Yoast SEO plugin to show the breadcrumb.
To work on the Breadcrumb option
- Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Customize >> Global >> Breadcrumb
- Toggle to show breadcrumb
- Select the position of the breadcrumb
- Set the markup of the breadcrumb
- Choose a breadcrumb type from the given respective alignment
- Enable the padding
- Adjust the padding of the section
- Hide/Show the image overlay color
Gives the ability to easily navigate to the posts.
To work on Post Navigation
- Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Customize >> Global >> Post Navigation
- Select the navigation style from the given options
- Pagination: In this option, you can navigate the posts from one page to another page.
- Load More: There is an option of Load More at the end of the page and you can load more posts by clicking on the Load More button.
- Infinite Scroll: Just scroll down and your all posts will show. No need to go to the second page or click on the Load More button.
Adding a sticky scroll-to-top button to your website helps users easily scroll back to the top of the page.
To work on Scroll to Top
- Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Customize >> Global >> Scroll to Top
- Toggle to show Scroll to Top icon
- Choose the position of the button
- Select an icon from the dropdown option
- Set the border radius of the button
- Change Scroll to Top button icon color/icon hover color and background color/background hover color
The sidebar layout option is very useful to your website, it can change the layout of the page, blog/archives, and single post.
To work on the Sidebar Layout options
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Global >> Sidebar Layout
- Change page/post layouts to the left content-right sidebar, left sidebar-right content, full-width content, and stretched content
Change the Sidebar Layout of an Individual Posts/Pages
To work on individual pages
- Go to WordPress Dashboard >> Pages >> All Pages
- Go to the Layout Settings
- Under the Layout option, select the layout from the given layouts such as Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar, Content Centered, and Stretched. (From Customizer option mean to select the layout from the Customizer options.)